Job Title: Restaurant Manager / Assistant Restaurant Manager
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Manager / General Manager.
Manages daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods.
Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversea the dining area, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere among Team Members.
- Maintains records of staff periodic manner and operating costs.
- Provides feedback and coaching to the Team regularly.
- Understands building capability through Cross training
- Treats all Team Members fairly, with respect.
- Sets high standards for appropriate team behaviour on shift.
- Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Handle guest complaints in restaurants.
- Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
- Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
- Check the quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
- Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
- Ensures new products are executed properly the following roll-out.
- Is capable of handling irate customers with a friendly/calm attitude.
- Ensures product quality and great service.
- Shows enthusiasm about guest within the restaurant.
- Is flexible in dealing with changes/problems (e.g., being short staffed).
- Has effectively forecasted restaurant needs.
- Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Priorities tasks effectively to ensure most important tasks are completed on time.
- Delegates and follow-up effectively.
- Taking Ownership of issues or tasks and also give detail update of the F&B manager and the General Manager.
- Seeks, listens and responds to Guest feedback.
- Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
- Does not blame others; takes accountability for problems.
- Effectively identifies restaurant problems through reports and can ideate & execute to resolve the same.
- Proficiency in using computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and pay, and perform other record keeping tasks.
- Proficiency in Point of sale ( POS ) software, inventory software, Restaurant guest satisfactory tracking software etc.
- Assist in planning regular and special event Menu.
Degree, High schooling or one year\’s Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
Has effectively managed Team Members for 12+ months.
Previous experience in similar Job role.
Coached and improved performance of at least one poorly performing Team member/Manager.