Position Title: Night Security
Reports To: Security Manager / Night Manager
Primarily responsible to provide security and safety of the guests, staff and the hotel during the night time. Is familiar and complies with the hotels standards and procedures. Also watch for unusual, illegal or dangerous activities occurring on the premises.
Patrol all areas of the property and assist guests with room access if required during the shift. Able to monitor Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV), perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire & life safety systems.
Night Security Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety and security policies and procedures at all times.
- Patrols properties interior ground and back off the house area.
- Patrols hallways, parking lots, stairwells, lobbies, bars and restaurants.
- Ensures all guest room doors are closed and all public access doors locked.
- Ensures all properties security alarms and CCTC camera are on and functional.
- Might spend all or part of his shift watching the CCTV monitors for any suspicious activity, and report to the superiors and local authorities in case of any suspicious activity.
- Responsible for maintaining clear and concise logs of all nightly occurrences, suspicious activity.
- Responds to guest requests quickly and courteously as reported by night shift staff.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Security officers might also need to evict loiterers or trespassers from time to time.
- Escort Guests and Employees from the bar or pub and occasionally guests becomes intoxicated or combative.
- Escort any unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Lock property entrances when required.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and reports all accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains safety and security of guests at all times.
- Adheres to key control policy and procedures according to the setstandards of the hotel.
- Assist in training new joiners on the job.
- Attend phone calls with proper telephone etiquette and standard greetings.
- Provide handover the morning shift supervisor and the night check-list.
- Attendants any departmental meetings or training as per the schedule.
- Any other duties assigned by the superior or management.
- Good communication skills.
- Pleasant appearance.
- Attentive to details.
- Computer skills.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor\’s Degree preferred. Certified on CPR or first aid as required on the local authority is a added advantage.
2 to 4 years of experience in similar role in a hospitality environment.