JOB TITLE: Houseperson
REPORTS TO: Head House person / Desk Control Supervisor
Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms. Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner.
HOUSEPERSON DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Received linen supplies from floor shoots.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect Newspaper bags, newspapers, trash, soild linen.
- Pickup clean linen and refill the par stock of linen on each floor pantry.
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to the guest rooms on requests.
- Perform duties of room attendant when necessary.
- Sort linen, stock room attendant closets.
- Refill the par stock of guest aminities and supplies on each floor pantry.
- Help the room boys / house maids with the heavy lifting when super cleaning / spring cleaning of rooms.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Remove soiled linen and trash from the pool side and other service area and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist room boys / house maid with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other collegues.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed.
- Report to work in required uniform and in adherence with the Hotels Dress Code Policy.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
High School or equivalent or 1 year diploma in hotel management.
Previous housekeeping experience preferred. Freshers with no experience are also considered.