POSITION TITLE: Public Area Attendant
REPORTS: House Keeping Public Area Supervisor
Keeps all lobbies and public facilities (such as lobby restrooms, telephone area, the front desk, and offices) in a neat and clean condition. Public area attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Cleans and maintains restaurants and banquet halls.
- Sweeps carpets.
- Empties ashtrays and urns.
- Polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Vacuums and polishes elevators.
- Keeps the front of the hotel free from trash.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and shampoo machine.
- Washes walls and ceilings, moves and arranges furniture, and turns mattresses.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Dust and polishes metal work.
- Collects solid linen supplies in floor linen closets.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- To attend daily briefings for functions and events held in the hotel.
- To perform daily assigned tasks in toilets, lifts, back areas, terrace, etc.
- To clean and maintain all equipment daily.
- To follow up a special cleaning schedule given by the housekeeping control desk.
- To report maintenance to supervisor/ housekeeping desk immediately.
- To comply with Lost and Found Policy of the Hotel.
- To assist Guest in Public Areas when required.
- To have good knowledge of all hotel facilities, hours of operation, Restaurants, shops and function rooms.
- Responsible to maintain inventory in the Housekeeping closets.
- Post caution signs as and when required.
- Responsible to follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for upkeep of all the equipment which he is using i.e., Vacuum cleaner, trolleys, Scrubbing machine.
- Responsible for maintaining a time schedule for cleaning of their areas.
- Responsible for spring cleaning of their area as per the schedule is given to them.
- Authorised to enter into offices for maintenance or other activities like pest control, shampooing of carpet etc.
Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
High School or equivalent or 1 year diploma in hotel management.
Previous hotel-related experience desired.