Position Title: Audio Video Technician / AV Technician
Reports To: IT Manager / Banquet Manager
Verify that all AV equipment needed is in the inventory before event. Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot all equipment, devices, and systems. Ensure all equipment is fully operational, repair and clean as and when necessary.
Additionally Operate and maintain all hotel house in-audio system, also assist and instruct guests/customers regarding proper usage/operation of AV equipment.
Audio Video Technician Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing technical support and setup of AV equipment\’s to the Banqueting department, other hotel staffs and guests.
- Assists in guiding the users to help setup AV systems or resolve escalated issues.
- Assists in documenting all technical issues within the incident management system.
- Troubleshoots and maintains all the AV equipment\’s.
- Ensures that the maintenance of all electronics-related equipment and its associated auxiliaries are carried out in accordance with the Standard Engineering practice.
- Banqueting hall audio –video equipment maintenance and service and to be ready to use all times.
- Hotel Guest Rooms TV channels and transmission systems is up-to-date and in operation all the time.
- Arranged the systems well in advance before the functions and collect and placed them back in the stores in good working conditions.
- Ensures that the work specified on the work order within his trade is carried out quickly, accurately, skillfully, economically, efficiently and completely.
- Ensures that electrical rooms, electrical panels audio – video control rooms are kept clean and orderly.
- Immediately notifies the Shift Engineer on duty on any unusual occurrences on any of the electrical lines, panels or controls, equipment\’s.
- Identifies upgrading needs for new AV systems, tools & equipments.
- Participates in the installation of AV recording and Video calling systems during banquet events.
- Ensures that the equipment\’s & tools meet their requirements & specifications before they their deployment.
- Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot AV / projection equipment\’s / Mic / other devices.
- Oversee the set-up of AV equipment in banquet/meeting rooms.
- Ensure AV equipment is operational, labeled, repaired and cleaned when necessary.
- Adheres to the specified hygiene and personal appearance standards of the hotel and his area.
- Adheres to the set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
- Assists in all IT related issues as and when required.
- Assists his fellow workers on other trades, not related to his own work, and and when necessary.
Highly motivated and a team player.
Excellent interpersonal and guest contact skills.
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Technical Diploma or Degree in related field. Excellent computer proficiency.
Should have 2 to 5 years experience in Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of A/V systems & equipment s such as Projectors, Control Systems, TV Panels, High-End Speakers and other Audio Video equipment\’s. Previous Hotel or Hospitality experience is preferred.