JOB TITLE: Control Desk Supervisor / Desk In-charge
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper / Asst. Executive housekeeper
Housekeeping control desk is the main communication Centre of the housekeeping department. You are responsible for all information sent out and received from the control desk. You should have good telephone etiquties . Keep the notice board up to date with the relevant information.
As a desk control assistant you should maintain complete and up to date information of every departmental section comes under house keeping.Experience as Housekeeping Desk Coordinator or Housekeeping Order Taker.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Good knowledge in handling guest requests.
- Good knowledge of Housekeeping operations.
- Responsible for Departmental keys and guest room master cards.
- Responsible for all calls coming to the Desk and to convey the right message to the right person.
- Maintaining records related to day to day operations of Housekeeping.
- Follow up with concerned departments in case of guest requests/ complaints.
- Updating the Housekeeping data board with information like VIP inhouse, Today\’s occupancy Percentage, arrivals, departures, to do list, rooms for super cleaning etc.
- Good understanding of the property management soft wares ( Eg: Opera, Protel, Fidelio etc. )
- Allocate work for each staff according to point system / work load for the day.
- Should have a good telephone etiquette.
- Make the relevant room status changes on the software as per the instruction given by floor supervisors.
- Prepare the room discrepancy list for Front office.
- Prepare the VIP amenities list.
- Prepare the Min BAR consumption list.
- Post mini bar and laundry charges to the respective guest folios.
- Prepare monthly sales report for Minibar, Laundry, dry cleaning and any other miscellaneous sales.
- Prepare the missing / broken item register.
- Handle the lost and found procedures and all enquiry.
- Maintaining the “I need it now” cupboard.
- Changing the room status from Vacant dirty to vacant clean and changing the room status as per requirement.
- Coordinate with Engineering / Maintenance department for room maintenance issues.
- Co-ordinate with Front office department.
- Should have complete information related all the rooms in hotel.
- Should have information of every staffs, And where they are allotted for the work. E.g. Staff allocated for Floor 1, public area, pool side, SPA etc.
- Give proper handover to the next shift and mention all responsibilities in detail to next shift staff before leaving.
- Assist Housekeeper and Asst. housekeeper for preparing the monthly report and budgets.
Excellent communication skills with Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities. Highly responsible & reliable and also ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues.
Education High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience Two to three years of experience managing entry-level employees. Minimum two years housekeeping supervisory experience in hotel industry.