Position Title: Breakfast Attendant
Reports To: Restaurant Manager / Restaurant Captain
As a Breakfast Attendant you would be primarily responsible for setting up, maintaining and breaking down the breakfast buffet and for maintaining the breakfast dining area. With a minimal supervision provide exceptional guest service by welcoming them and be well attended at all times.
Responsible to track and record all complimentary / paid breakfast for hotel guests and walk-in\’s. And also maintains the breakfast and lobby area in a clean and organized condition at all time.
Breakfast Attendant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Normal duty timings are from 0530 AM to 01 PM.
- Welcoming and providing with personalized service to all guests.
- Assists guests by helping them to seat and pouring coffee, cleaning tables and also cleaning of dining and buffet area.
- Attend to hotel guest needs and requests.
- Must be aware of restaurants menu items and beverage choices.
- Must know about the entire property, services, hours of operation, locations, near by places of interest etc.
- Prepare and consistently maintain dining area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere.
- Preparing foods such as fruit and milk machines or dispensers.
- Responsible for stocking coffee, juice, and milk machines or dispensers.
- Ensure breakfast items are continually replenished and presented in an appealing manner.
- Setting out / arranging cold food such as sweet rolls, muffins, donuts, cereal, etc, for self-service.
- Wiping up spills and maintaining cleanliness of all appliances and counter space throughout the breakfast shift.
- Clearing and cleaning tables as they are vacated.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silverware prior to use.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the shift, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Any other duties around preparation, set up and service of the complimentary breakfast.
- Maintain the inventory of all breakfast products.
- Able to work with point of sale software and inventory software.
- Generate KOT (Kitchen order ticket), add modifiers or remarks and able to make settlements in case of paid breakfasts.
- Washing, wiping serving equipment and returning it to storage.
- Locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Returning reusable supplies to storage.
- Responsible for taking inventory of food, beverages and supplies for each day.
- Assist with closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations.
- Work as a team member in aspects such as: cleaning, side work, food preparation and storage.
- Close out shift by cleaning and restocking supplies for next day or shift.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service at all times.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism and always maintain hospitable attitude.
- Any other duties as requested by restaurant supervisor / captain or manager.
Service minded, friendly professional behavior.
Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
Good knowledge of Food and Beverage Service.
Diploma in hotel management or similar qualification. Proficiency in working with Computers, Point of Sale (POS) and Inventory software.
One to two year experience in similar role, preferably in a full service or luxury hotel.