JOB TITLE: BANQUET SUPERVISOR
REPORTS TO: BANQUET MANAGER
To supervise all phases of all type of banquet functions, Coordinate activity on a daily basis. Banquet supervisor should also oversee banquet event and ensure that all service standards, departmental policies are followed by banquet staffs. Act as a single point of contact with the banquet host during the banquet function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and greet clients.
- Oversee catered functions, in house and off site.
- Responsible for making the function space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event.
- Responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms and storage areas.
- Responsible for the proper usage and good working order of all equipment, furniture and fixtures in the Banquet and Catering Section in the shift assigned.
- Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures in the banquet and Catering service.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provide unique and creative ideas to enhance meetings & group experience.
- Should posses in depth Knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation.
- Supervise events and team members throughout service.
- Guide the Banquet servers in set up of tables and place settings.
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
- Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Co-ordinate with the Kitchen and housekeeping department.
- Should be able to work under pressure and also work in long or break shifts.
- Scheduling of banquet staff, prepare weekly duty chart to correspond with banquet functions and manage labour for monthly.
- Assist the Banquet Manager with scheduling, training and performance management.
- Assist and support the Conference Services Manager to provide excellent guest service
- Organise Transportation of food and equipment to offsite catering events.
- Should have experience in operating sales and catering software’s like Opera S&M, Protel Banquet, Delphi etc.
- Should have experience in operating POS (point of sales) Software’s.
- Responsible for monthly inventory, consumption spreadsheet and banquet staff labours.
- Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies and operating equipment for functions assigned.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Degree or three years Diploma in hotel Management or equivalent, Good MS office skills.
Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Banquet Captain. Experience in Hotel management software and Point of sale software.