Position Title: Event Coordinator / Banquet Coordinator
Reports To: Banquet Manager / Sales Director
As a Event Coordinator you are responsible to meet with group coordinator / event hosts prior to functions, make introductions, and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable. Read and analyse banquet event order in order to gather guest information, determine proper set up, specific guest needs, buffets, action stations, etc.
Working closely with the banqueting team, he / she is responsible for the execution and delivery of all events, maximizing revenue, utilization of meeting space and working to achieve or exceed the defined budgeted revenues for banquet department.
Event Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of BEO- Banquet Event Orders and responsible to ensure they are issued and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare all typed materials like proposals, contracts,change forms and all other inter-departmental forms accurately.
- Distribute Daily Events reports to ensure communication to all internal departments throughout hotel.
- Answer banquet and outdoor catering sales inquiries and routing them to appropriate sales manager for handling.
- Monitor all correspondence to ensure it meets with Hotel policy and procedures.
- Respond within 24 hours to any Group, checking space/rates in system and communicating to respective Manager for further follow up.
- Work closely with Banquet Manger to ensure all aspects of the event have been cost effective and serviced both clients and hotel needs.
- Tour, inspect and monitor banquet rooms and presentations.
- Respond to requests for proposals for small meetings / events including set-up, food and beverage needs, rooms and audio visual needs.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally and to the guest / client.
- Ensure that Opera Sales and Catering / Other Banqueting software are updated daily for all event space bookings.
- Ensure that all accounts are properly updated in the banqueting system.
- Ensure there are enough sales kits available for any customer visit.
- Ensure feedback received from host / guests are passed on to all departments.
- Ensure a positive working relationship between all departments.
- Able to generate various reports from Banqueting systems and excel to track group and event revenue etc.
- Arrange and manage familiarization / educational trips in line with business needs.
- Attending various trade shows and assigned sales trip with accurate follow up report.
- Follow-up with Sales Manager to obtain/confirm all event-related information in a timely manner.
- Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is done in timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account on the banqueting system.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, sales meetings and management meetings.
- Any other job related to banqueting assigned by the management.
Excellent communication skills necessary.
Knowledgeable at negotiating and sales.
Confident at presenting presentations.
Must be flexible to accommodate irregular or extended hours duties.
Degree or diploma in hotel management or Degree in Business administration. Advanced computer skills – Knowledge of Hotel software / PMS or Sales + Catering software.
Minimum 1 to 2 years work experience as a Sales Coordinator or Banquet coordinator in a luxury or full service hotel required.