POSITION TITLE: Accommodations Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Resident Manager
Accommodations Manager ensure that all guest bedrooms and public areas are cleaned to the highest standard. Directly manage the Housekeeping department and also oversee front office operations in the absence of Front office manager. Ensures strict compliance with hotels policies and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure all staff in Housekeeping and Front office departments comply with Hotel Policy regarding uniform and personal hygiene.
- To be aware of the day’s business both in Room Occupancy, Special Requirements and VIP needs.
- Liaise with Reception regarding Room moves, VIP guests, Special Needs and act on any information given.
- Issue keys, room lists, house assistant check lists and cleaning schedules to housekeeping staff at the beginning of shift and collect and check them at end of shift.
- Check all work given to the Room Assistants, Linen Porters and Maintenance throughout the day to ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Excellent Knowledge on of how to inspect properties.
- Regularly Inspect guest rooms, public areas, recreational area for cleanliness, appearance and also to make sure these areas are kept as per the hotels standard.
- Ensure all Maintenance work in Bedrooms, Laundry and Public Areas are rectified prior to releasing rooms back to front desk.
- Ensuring that accommodation is clean, well maintained and attractively presented.
- Ensure that company standards for guest services, décor, and housekeeping services are met or exceeded.
- Ensure Guest’s and Hotel Laundry and Dry Cleaning is dealt to the standard laid down by the hotel management.
- Maintain a par stock levels of stationary, linen and amenity requirements in order to ensure consistency in standards.
- Knowledge of local and company hygiene, health and safety regulations
- Developing and utilising check lists for regular preventative maintenance.
- Developing and utilising check lists for regular cleaning and upkeep.
- Conduct meetings and training sessions as and when required.
- Interview, hire, train, and at times take disciplinary actions on staff members.
- To assist in the development and writing of Housekeeping departmental standards and improved processes.
- To actively train all staff to the standards laid down in the Training Manual and monitor their work performance.
- Approving Duty rosters for housekeeping and laundry always taking into account the hotel status (Arrival / Departure / Occupancy).
- Monitor staff performance to ensure that guests are happy and that the hotel is well run
- Minimise wastage of materials and energy through careful monitoring of staff.
- Train staff on answering guest enquires about hotel policies and services.
Should be able to work on their own initiative and have the ability to lead and direct a large team.
College degree in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in Property Management Software\’s, Revenue Management Systems desired.
Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience as a Executive housekeeper or assistant executive housekeeper or assistant accommodation manager within the hotel industry as well as possess excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.