Working at [Hotel Name] often gives you access to information about the company, colleagues, guests, or business partners that should not be made available to the public.
When we ensure that only the appropriate people have access to confidential information, and when we use this information the right way in accordance with our policies and the laws, we help protect our Company, and those around us, from harm.
The details mentioned in the below form is the basis of a sample basic confidentiality policy. Always seek professional advice before implementing such a policy in your hotel and resort.
This confidentiality policy is to be signed by the Staff Member and by the Human Resources Manager at the time of joining the hotel.
Hotel Staff Confidentiality Policy / Confidential Information Policy
1. The confidential nature of your work requires that you never disclose any information you may acquire about the affairs of the Hotel Name or any of its bookers/suppliers/customers/guests.
2. The records and forms you work with are the property of the Hotel Name and must not be shown or given to outsiders without official approval. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
3. ____________(Hotel Name) Privacy Promise is a commitment to keeping members and Hotel Name information secure and using it only as the [Hotel Name] would want you to. Keeping sensitive information secure means that as a business we incorporate this Policy into our workplace.
4. Protect the confidential information of our Company, our colleagues, our guests, and our business partners.
5. Never discuss business information in public that might include [Hotel Name]’s trade secrets or confidential plans.
6. Recognize what information may be considered intellectual property and understand how to safeguard it.
7. We must safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality any information the Hotel Name shares with you.
8. We will limit the collection and use of______________ (Hotel Name/supplier/customer) information to the minimum.
9. We will permit only authorised Hotel Name employees, to have access to information.
10. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to corrective action.
11. We will not reveal ____________ (Hotel Name/supplier/customer) information to any external organisation unless we have previously informed the ___________ in disclosures or agreements, been authorised by the _______________ (Hotel Name/customer/supplier), or are required by law.
12. Never take or share photographs of colleagues or guests unless you have the appropriate approval.
13. Do not leave confidential information visible and unattended whether on your desk, a copy machine, or an unlocked computer screen.
14. Whenever we hire other organisations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
15. We will endeavour to keep Hotel Name files complete, up-to-date and accurate.
16. We maintain sensitive information about ___________(Hotel Name) and our customers/suppliers because it helps us to serve them better. At the same time, trust is the foundation of our relationship, without that no Hotel can succeed. And nowhere is trust put more to the test than with the sensitive information we maintain about _________(Hotel Name) and the _______(customers/suppliers).
17. Both parties have a right to expect that we treat their information with the utmost respect, integrity and care.
19. Consult the hotel\’s public communications guidelines or discuss with your immediate manager before committing to an external interview or speaking engagement.
I have read and understood the contents of this policy.
Signed (Employee):______________ Date:___________
Signed (Employer):______________ Date:___________